Sunday 13 March 2011

Absolute Beginners

I took my son to his riding lesson on Saturday. Its a nice wee class, about five in the group. all beginners, varying ages but all kids.  It's been a few months, but I still was surprised when they popped up a crosspole for them to jump over, albeit the jumps set extra far apart on the lowest rung.

The girl at the front listened carefully to the instructions and was about to set of for her turn when she turned to the instructor and asked in earnest .........."So, do I just close my eyes when we get to the jump?"

Classic. I might try that myself next time Monty gets a bit too full of himself!

Anyway, I took a video on my phone of his lovely riding - better seat than him Mum for sure - but of course I have no idea how to upload it, so I guess I'll have to wait until I my savvy eight year old is out of his bed tomorrow and see if he knows!

1 comment:

  1. After I explained how, my 12-year old niece got my 16hh horse up to a trot the first time she asked him to. Sigh. I envy the fearlessness that young people have. :-)

    ReplyDelete