Friday 7 January 2011

Horse Portrait of the month: Dee Dee

 "He is terrific....You are very talented"
Elaine Stevenson, of the Portrait of her Daughters Horse Dee Dee

Copyright remains with Artist, Antonia Cairns 2011

Dee Dee is a livery horse up at Hazelden Equestrian Centre in Glasgow, where I ride. I was lucky enough to take some framed work to the stables just at the moment that Elaine was thinking about commissioning a portrait as a Christmas gift for Abigail........  as ever in life, timing is everything!

It was tricky to find a time to visit and photograph him, as Abigail was never away from the stables. When I met him I could understand why....he had the most beautiful face and such a curious nature, with his ears pricked up in the snow. What a lucky girl!

 Elaine and I had some discussion about which photo to use, he looked so nice in all of them.

We settled on this one as he looked very sweet in it, which Elaine felt suited his lovely nature.

To my delight, Elaine tells me Abigail loves the artwork and has taken it to the yard to show it off......Dee Dee was a joy to meet and to draw, and working on him brightened up the days of the most ferocious cold snap in December!


No comments:

Post a Comment