Sunday 9 January 2011

On the arty front

This week I received my membership newsletter from the Society of Equestrian Artists, which gee'd e up on the arty front, so I thought I might try a few studies of one horse in different media.

Copyright Antonia Cairns
 This is Ice - he is fairly new at Hazelden, joined the stables at the end of Summer.

I can't say I have quite got used to his gait yet, as I have only ridden him once and he is quite a leggy and he has an odd habit of veering right just before a jump, which can be a little un-nerving!
He has the most adorable nature and a beautiful face, so he makes for a nice horse to study and to sketch.

This piece is in wax pencil and I decided to try it with a darker background, where I have usually been working on the white.

There are a few things I would like to change about it, but often these are the pieces that you learn more from! He looks a little different to a few days ago, so I am just going to see where this one goes.....
 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment