Friday 21 January 2011

To market, to market to sell a ..... horse portrait

It's only a few weeks since I started blogging and got my website up, and now that I have them there my focus has shifted a bit to where and what else I can do to to find people who are interested in what I do?

The art will go on anyway. but it is very rewarding to work on a commission and see someones delight when they see the finished piece.

I wonder, is that is something you only really get when you meet them face to face, or is 'feedback' left on a sellers page the same? I am not sure, but I think I might try and find out.

So starts the quest of 'where can I sell', and it is all a little overwhelming as there are so many options

Do I Ebay? Or what about an Etsy? I am a bit nervous that it will lead me on to a bit fat Etsy shopping habit, there is so much beautiful stuff on there!  Or then there is Folksy, apparently is a more uk oriented arts and craft site.....in short there is a lot of choice, and I think the only way to find out is to try them all!

If anyone is reading who knows me personally, you will know I have real issues with remembering things like log on details and passwords, so this is going to be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment